Ten Questions To Get To Know Your Volunteers Better
I was talking to a friend recently who leads a ministry team in North Carolina and she was sharing how weekly “get to know you questions” have helped bring her team together. Since she started giving these prompts, they’ve grown closer as a team. It’s so simple but she’s gotten to know her volunteers better and they’ve gotten to know one another.
Here are 10 questions to ask your volunteers to get to know your team and to spark conversation.
1. How did you start serving in this role? What drew you to it?
2. What do you like to do for fun?
3. What books have you read recently? What are the genres you tend to lean towards?
4. Are you listen to any good podcasts right now? What do you like about them?
5. Who has had the greatest impact on your life? How did they change you?
6. If your house was burning down, what three items would you save?
7. What do you think are your three greatest strengths?
8. What’s your favorite movie? What do you love about it?
9. What’s the best vacation you’d ever taken? Where do you still want to go?
10. What is one way you want to grow in the coming year?
These should spark a good bit of conversation in the coming weeks – and give your volunteers a chance to get to know one another a bit better!