10 Questions to Ask to Get to Know Your Kids Better
It’s so easy to get caught up in all the details of pulling off a weekend service and totally miss out on the opportunity to get to know the children in your ministry. So, here are ten questions to help you get to know them better.
Pro Tip: Get a notebook and dedicate a page or two to each child. Write down their answers so you can pray for them and better love and care for them.
1. Do you have siblings? What do you love most about each of your siblings?
2. What are three things you love about yourself?
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? Why?
4. What three things would you grab if your house was on fire?
5. What do you look for in a friend?
6. What makes you feel the most loved?
7. When do you feel the happiest?
8. What is one question you’d love to ask God?
9. What are you most thankful for?
10. What would be your perfect day?
A simple Google search will give you hundreds of questions you could ask. This is just a starting point. But make getting to know your kids a priority. You’re not in the programming business. You’re in the relationship business. Prioritize the relationships with the children God has entrusted to you.